Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Wednesday


I have been really busy the last few days scrapbooking and doing other things.
I noticed from the feed that several of you from Kentucky have visited my blog. That is so cool. My mom lives just outside of Princeton and we are visiting her soon. I guess I will just give out a wave to all of you as we pass by... :-)

I just made up cute little recipe books for a small gift to some friends and this is the recipe that I have included on the first page of all of them.


It is from KraftFoods.com
Hope you like it as much as we did.

Carrot Cake
1 pkg. (2-layer size) spice cake mix
2 cups shredded carrots (about 1/2 lb.)
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
½ cup Chopped Pecans, divided
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Topping, thawed
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package, add carrots, pineapple and half of the pecans until well blended. Pour into 2 (9-inch) pans. Bake 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool.
MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer or wire whisk until well blended. Stir in whipped topping until well blended.
Spread cream cheese mixture between layers. Frost top and sides with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with remaining pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Take care,
Teresa

2 comments:

eljay716 said...

You know I love that cake. I think I am going to make it for dessert for the Sarasota crop this weekend. Jimmy says its the best cake I have ever made!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Hey Linda did make this cake. You were not with us in person, but in spirit! Miss you