Thursday, July 1, 2010

where did June go?






I am slowly getting rested and back up to full steam.

I was gone on a lovely vacation the middle of June with 17 of the nicest, craziest, wonderful gals on earth. I went with Hilltop Memories scrapbook gals to visit Utah for a week. We stayed in a beautiful 3 story lodge up in Cottonwood Canyon. Our week consisted of touring Salt Lake and surrounding cities, scrapbook factories and local stores, lots of good food, we hit 7 of the Diner's, Drive-in's and Dives and a few local restaurants as well. We took classes from 5 local teachers/designers and learned a LOT....we learned a clever way to make cards from envelopes, we learned to make fused glass jewelry, a pop-up book that is way clever and a paper mache fairy that is so darned cute. We went to two Farmer's markets that had great handmade items. I found a silver ring that was handmade by a local silversmith that actually had my initials made into the ring....how lucky was that?
The weather was absolutely wonderful while we were gone and we even had snow flurries one night.

I was a lucky gal to be able to spend my 57th birthday with all these wonderful gals. Lots of well wishes for my birthday, a beautiful bracelet from Kip and Jill and even chocolate cake and my favorite mint chocolate chip icecream.

We all could not believe how gorgeous all the flowers were every place we went. Poppies, Roses, Peonies, and a ton more.

One of the parts that made our trip so much fun was the fact that we were able to tour Utah all together in a bus with a hired driver, Eric and also Steve. They both made sure we were very comfortable, safe and put up with our constant temperature changes, our corny jokes, our desire to stop at any given second to take a picture and even answer each and every question we had regarding the area as well as religion or anything else.

This was a trip that I am sure I will remember the rest of my life. Thank you to Linda, Hilltop Memories and everyone else who made it happen.

1 comment:

eljay716 said...

oh thank you!! that was a wonderful recap of a great trip. Love the little girl's birthday dresses, absolutely adorable! I remember making Kim dresses of the same pattern. Ok that was a long time ago. Love ya!!