Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nuttin' goin on

Well, nothing in the creative sewing department anyway.



My days seem to go by pretty fast. The last several days I have been working on a photo album that belonged to my grandmother. I took it out of it's old album (because it was a "peel and stick" and not acid free and totally ruining the pictures. While doing so, I scanned each and every one of them...all 205 and had reprints made of each. While mom was still here, we spent a couple hours identifying everyone and any little tidbit she might know about the event and wrote on the backs for my copies.
Now I am putting the pictures in a new album and writing below each picture for mom to take home with her.
Our future ancestors will not have to wonder if the picture was Alford, Dalford, Otho, Ada Nell, or Lila Mae......yes, those are some of the names of my aunts, uncles or cousins :-) Love all those old names and old photos.

I do have a few projects in the works and I will post some pictures in the very near future. We had a little taste of Spring the last couple of days and boy oh boy does that give me energy...can't wait to get out in the yard and plant some pretty flowers and clean up all the Winter debris.

Happy last week of February.....see you soon.

Teresa

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

I love that you did this! It's so important, one of the things I love about genealogy and scrapbooking.
I need to do mine!